Merino Wool Sheepskins Information
All about Merino Sheepskin Wool Fleece
Cushion, Covers & More!
Products are Hand Cut and Sewn in the USA
by Just Merino Sheepskin Wool Products
since 1986 and counting!
A Proven High Quality Equestrian Company!
Why Merino Sheepskins over any other Sheepskins?
Because All Wool Sheepskins are not Equal!
JMS (Just Merino Sheepskins) only uses
the highest quality Wool Pelts.
Not just pieces of sheepskin sewn together.
Each Item is Hand Sewn & stitching is guaranteed!
Merino Wool is 1" Thick Sheepskin Fleece.
The most comfortable fleece for you, your horse & more!
Check out the Dog Stuff JMS makes too.
Quality Sheepskins for Medical Use, Athletes, Sports & Outdoor Lovers!!
Standard Orders or Custom Made to your requests.
JMS will make up the Cover you need.
Athletic clothing & Outdoor Enthusiasts Accessories
Merino wool is common in high-end, performance athletic wear and gear.
Typically meant for use in Horseback Riding, running, hiking, skiing, mountain climbing, cycling, hunting
and in other types of outdoor aerobic exercise, these products and accessories
command a premium over synthetic fabrics.
Several properties contribute to merino's popularity for athletic equipment & gear,
compared to wool in general and to other types of fabric:
- Merino is excellent at regulating body temperature, especially when worn against the skin. Wool provides some warmth, without overheating the wearer. It draws moisture (sweat) away from the skin, a phenomenon known as wicking, which results in helping the athlete stay comfortable whether it be in warm or cold conditions.
- The fabric is slightly moisture repellent (keratin fibers are hydrophobic at one end and hydrophilic at the other), allowing the user to avoid the feeling of wetness.
- Like cotton, wool absorbs water (up to 1/3 its weight), but, unlike cotton, wool retains warmth when wet, thus helping wearers avoid hypothermia after sweating from strenuous exercise or getting rained on when outside.
- Like most wools, merino contains lanolin, which has antibacterial properties, resulting in reduced body odor. It is not uncommon for users to wear a garment for multiple days in a row. 
- Merino is one of the softest types of wool available, because of finer fibers and smaller scales.
- Merino has an excellent warmth-to-weight ratio compared to other wools, in part because the smaller fibers have microscopic cortices of dead air, trapping body heat similarly to the way a sleeping bag warms its occupant. Wikipedia Link to Information Page
Washing & Drying Instructions
Wash is Cool or Lukewarm Water ~ Hand Washing recommended for best results
or Machine Wash on Gentle & a mild sheepskin soap only if necessary
Never Hot Water!
The use of hot water:
Will damage fleece & leather and may cause it to shrink
May cause felting & matting of the wool pile
May cause loss of color
May set some stains and make them difficult to remove
Place wool article on a flat surface or drying rack.
Dry in the shade, away from direct sunlight or heat.Do Not use direct Heat or direct Sunlight.
Air dry sheepskins with the leather facing upwards.
Use Caution if using a Dryer ~ No Heat, Air Dry Only!
Merino Sheepskin Wool Products are very Comfortable & Durable
and will last for many years of use, when properly cared for.
JMS guarantees their craftsmanship & sewing for the life of the product with normal use.
Highest Quality Merino Sheepskins for over 30 Years!
JMS The Best of The Best in the Equestrian Industry!